Beta21 -- the important first Swiss quartz-movement; a Horological Milestone. We are fans since years and have written a lot about this April 1970 presented behemoth that was used in one of the most important Rolex, one of the most important Patek Philippe, one of the most important IWC, one of the most important Piaget, one of the most important Omega etc etc (Bulova, Jaeger LeCoultre, Longines, Rado, Zenith).
Amazing, huh? Find another movement loaded with that much horological relevance and
- being hand-made in more aspects than your mechanical-with-a-soul;
- having a sweeeeping second-hand;
- humming gently and audible at 256Hz (the motor);
- humming precise and audible at 8'192Hz (the quartz);
- being cased in significant and impressive cases, usually in 18K gold;
- being unusual and an immediate discussion-starter when the interlocutor is at least slightly technically interested;